TRUMP NATION

Nearly twenty years ago, I wrote a story. Since last January (the 20th), I dusted it off, updated the tale, put it in a screenplay format, and retitled it TRUMP NATION to reflect our current political and social climate.

Like watching a movie, reading TRUMP NATION will take an hour and a half, maybe longer. I hope you find the 120 pages thought-provoking and worth your time.

Should the story of TRUMP NATION upset your sensibilities or offend your values, please let me know. If your reaction is even worse, you might consider unsubscribing to my occasional blogs, but I hope you won’t. If we are Facebook friends, we can remain as such, though I will understand should you feel otherwise. Be assured, it gives me no pleasure to bring anguish to anyone’s life, unless, of course, you are the Electoral College’s current choice for leader of the free world.

On the other hand, if you embrace the message of TRUMP NATION please forward the story to others. Copy freely! Paste liberally! Share widely! Distribute recklessly! You have my permission and gratitude.

Thank you!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged .

1. Linda Nuttall April 5, 2017 at 9:33 am #

Dan, I found this riveting. Read it in one go, which was not the plan when I clicked over to check out Trump Nation. I’ll write more when I’ve got my thoughts organized. Bravo!!

• Daniel Plasman April 5, 2017 at 6:27 pm #

Thanks for your gracious response, Linda. I’d love to hear further thoughts.

2. Harold April 6, 2017 at 4:31 pm #

The vivid images are in my mind. (probably should have waited to read this until I was less sensitive to it) The picture you painted was probably too optimistic, in that with the way things seem now, Matt wouldn’t be repentant, and Claude would plead ‘stand your ground’ and the prosecutor wouldn’t file charges.

Thanks Brother Dan

• Daniel Plasman April 6, 2017 at 5:40 pm #

Thanks for taking the time to read it, Harold. Love your reaction! Reaffirms for me three things I believe in: Librarian Art Vos, Bernie Sanders, and Easter’s stubborn insistence that evil does not have the last word. You’re my bro!

3. Allan Martling April 12, 2017 at 6:57 pm #

I think Donald Trump is not the issue. Donald Trump is the result, the product of decades if not centuries of hostility that we have allowed to exist and build in our own hearts, life styles and the society around us. It is well known that he received votes from people we as liberals forgot. While the moments of redemption that you have portrayed are necessary on a personal level, the church and society as a whole must rise up in rejecting hostility and dedicate our lives to the hospitality that will bring the wholeness we all desire. Grace and Peace, Allan Martling

• Daniel Plasman April 12, 2017 at 9:57 pm #

Thank you, Allan, for your wise words and for investing your time in reading this tale.